Prayer to Lord:
"Oh! Lord, grant me the serenity to accept what cannot be changed, the courage to change what can be, and the wisdom to know what can be changed and what cannot be."
My sincere greetings and good wishes to all viewers of this web-site and I hope they will find it interesting and spiritually uplifting.
This web-site has been divided into sections, which can be accessed using relevant tab appearing below the banner. Under some of the tabs, there will be sub-menus which will provide links to detailed text on the selected subject of the sub-menu item.
Brief Introduction about me :
I am a eighty-one year old young Indian enjoying the richness and spiritual wonder of the Great Nation, India, the country of my birth. After retiring from active service as a senior management executive in the Reserve Bank of India and NABARD and as Financial/Credit Specialist in World Bank and other United Nations Organizations like, FAO, IFAD, UNDP etc, I have settled down at Bangalore in South India.
I have interest in the subjects of Vedic Astrology, Hinduism, Carnatic (classical) music and Tamil language and literature. I consider it a privilege to share my knowledge in these subjects with Internet readers and am ready and willing to learn from them.
Contents of this web-site :
In this web-site,besides Hinduism and Vedic Astrology, I have dealt with the subjects of Tamil Literature, Carnatic Classical Music, Slokas, Special Articles of interest to Senior Citizens, Wedding Rituals etc.
I would like to draw your special attention to the following Sections/Sub-sections:
1. Sub-section “Celestial Truths” under Hindu Religion gives selected excerpts from the published lectures of Maha Periaval on various aspects of Sanatana Dharma (Hindu Religion). Few preceptors have given such lucid and erudite explanations on this subject in a language capable of being understood by layman; the tenets explained by him are applicable to every human being irrespective of the Religion one belongs to.
2. This Section also gives useful information on Wedding Rituals.
3. The Vedic Astrology Section, gives an idea of what Vedic Astrology is, the relationship between Grahas and Human Life and points out the Fallacies in Astrological Predictions and wrong analysis of planetary influences, Kuja Dosha etc.
4. On a most controversial and intricate subject, the sub-section “Fate and Free Will” clearly brings out what fatalism is and to what extent free will can be exercised to guide a person’s life.
5. The Sub-section on Panchaang(am), explains the contents of the Almanac. It also gives Marriage Dates for Nandana Year (2012-13) as applicable to Bangalore and New Delhi . (To get into the tables, please click at the respective city names and the table will open in a new window of the browser.)
6. A special sub-section gives selected slokas on Lord Ganesh, Lord Venkateswara, Goddess Abhirami, Navrahas; these will be useful for Shanti Pariharas.
7. Under Thirukkural sub section, one would find selected Kurals, translated in English with proper meanings and explanations from erudite scholars like Rajaji.
8. One of the Special Articles entitled Yagna Deepam covers the life of India's freedom fighter and rare gentlemen who showed the way to live even in unabated adversities.
I hope you would enjoy reading the various sections of the web site. Your comments and suggestions are welcome on any of these topics. I would be grateful for any suggestions to improve this site, both in its content and its presentation. My email address is: email@example.com. Also kindly let me how to get in touch with you providing me with your name and email address.
P.S. Feed-back is welcome. (Please use my email firstname.lastname@example.org)
NOTE: Every effort has been made to properly quote and adequately document each outside source used within this website. If there are any mistakes, I shall be obliged if you could kindly indicate the corrections.
Important Note: The contents of Ramanan's Hindu & Vedic Astrology Website, unless specifically noted otherwise, are copyright (c) 1995-2009, S.G.V. Ramanan, Bangalore, India. All HTML, layout, images, styles, etc. are copyright (c) 1995-2009 by the webmaster, G.Vaideeswaran.